The nnSF Music Technology Workshop offers an intensive experience in live performance with chamber and electronic music and currently invites applications from music technologists age 18 and over (including undergraduates, graduates, faculty, and professionals). Offered concurrently with the Performance Workshop, Composition Workshop, and Research Summit, the Music Technology Workshop provides fellows extensive interaction with the faculty, guest composers, and artists, as well as opportunities for the realization of original concepts involving interactive electronic and electro-acoustic sound production. The workshop will admit up to eight music technology fellows.
Music Technology fellows will benefit from the following activities:
- Admission to all festival activities, including rehearsals, coaching, presentations by guest artists and guest composers, and concerts.
- Perform in both electronic and mixed chamber ensembles, working with faculty and performance fellows in the preparation of festival concerts.
- Seminars on music technology by festival faculty. Topics include:
- Real-time digital signal processing and sound synthesis
- Custom sound design in graphic programming environments
- Gestural-based electronic sound production: Tools and practices
- Non-linear electronic music composition
- Private coaching with festival faculty.
- Opportunities for small-group interaction with guest artists and winners of the International Call for Scores competition.
- Access to collaboration with Performance and Composition Fellows.
- Additional performance opportunity on 'norf SPACE' concerts